Although all businesses processes are tied together, the one process at the nucleus of your promotional products business that helps to determine the success or failure of all others is order entry and processing. If you can enter and process orders efficiently, your customers and vendors will be happy, your margins will grow, your cash flow will improve, your inventory, warehouse, and distribution management will be more accurate and streamlined, and your order design and manufacturing will be optimized. If your order entry is inefficient, you could see wide-spread negative repercussions.
That’s why an intuitive and efficient order entry process is at the heart of PPI Advantage, built on Acumatica.
Acumatica and PPI Advantage give you a single system for order entry and processing, with all necessary details available on a single screen, to maximize your efficiency. Key order entry advantages include the ability to:
- Quickly and easily upload a quote from your Sage, ESP, or other quoting system. You’ll immediately see all of the information in the quote in your order entry screen with the ability to adapt any field if necessary.
- Add new line items to an order, including a sample, with the ability to select the vendor that you want to work with, and mark the item as “free” with a reason code so that you can easily track the number of samples that you are providing.
- Easily search for inventory categories which helps with sales tax compliance.
- Create Purchase Orders – whether it is a Drop Shipment or a Purchase to Order which then gets delivered to your dock – and process them all simultaneously with a single click. This will create a link between the sales orders and purchase orders, so you’ll be able to easily track the item delivery and status of the orders with the vendors that you’ve contracted to do the work. Within the Sales Order, you’ll see a PO link that will enable you to drill into the PO that you’ve just created.
- Add notes to each line item or related to the entire order on the record level.
- Attach files on a line item basis or drag and drop files to attach them to the Sales Order so that you can keep AP invoices, insurance certificates, confirmations, or the project art work with the order.
- Create any necessary follow-up activities, like calls, tasks, meetings, etc. While activities default to the user, they can be reassigned to any other system user.
- Track Event Date and In-Hand Date and be automatically notified if these dates are not being met.
- Monitor your order total as well as the Job Cost total. See each invoice anticipated and actual costs and drill down to the reconciliation to ensure that everything was invoiced properly.
- Track exactly what was shipped and when, even if it was drop shipped directly from your vendor, and drill into the actual invoice that went out to the customer.
- Reprint invoices, order, or confirmations – but they can also easily be sent via email, adding any additional recipients, and adapting any pre-existing templates.
See how quick and efficient the order entry process is in PPI Advantage on Acumatica:
More from my site
- The Power of Integration for Professional Products Companies
- 5 Advantages of Integrated Cloud Software for Promotional Products Companies
- 4 Keys to Better Order Entry with Prime FoodService Distribution Software
- How ERP for Promotional Products Enhances Your Supply Chain Management
- 10 Reasons to Move Your Accounting to the Cloud
- The Power of the Right ERP Implementation Partner