Although the options available in stores are plentiful, when you’re choosing a new dish detergent, you’re examining options based on a limited list of criteria: volume, fragrance, and ingredients. This isn’t the case when you’re evaluating a new ERP system. The breadth of impact that an ERP solution can have across your business can make the software selection task feel overwhelming. Not only are ERP selection criteria plentiful, the stakes for choosing the best system are high, as well. When you purchase an underperforming dish soap, the only people who will be affected live in your home and they’ll only be disappointed for the short time until you use it up and purchase a new variety in a few weeks for just a few dollars. On the flip side, if you choose the wrong ERP system, it can be very costly to your business and affects people across your organization for years to come.
Due to these reasons and many others, we recommend that you reference a free comparison checklist to evaluate the merits of multiple ERP systems. This checklist is customizable: you can fill it out, placing priority on whatever features or benefits are most important to you, and then easily compare multiple companies
5 Categories Evaluated by the Checklist
The comparison checklist helps you stack ERP systems against each other and evaluate them in five key areas:
- Productivity: How will it increase your productivity?
- Functionality: What features does it offer?
- Technology: How does it leverage technology?
- Value: How does the product’s lifetime cost compare to what you’re getting?
- Risk: How does it minimize risk and facilitate security?
The checklist is built to clear up confusion by laying out the benefits under each of these categories in a clean, easy-to-read format. Acumatica’s benefits are already listed; you simply have to add the names of other companies to the appropriate column and check whatever benefits their ERP offers. There’s also a column where you can check the items most important to you (and give that item a more weighty consideration than others).
- Under productivity, you might prioritize an ERP system that allows you to work and print documents in multiple languages, removing the language barrier between you and your customers.
- Under functionality, you might prioritize an ERP system that combines neatly with your CRM in a single database.
- Under technology, you might prioritize the freedom to move between on premise and cloud deployments, as your needs change.
- Under value, you might prioritize an ERP system that only charges you for what you use instead of by user count.
- Under risk, you might prioritize an ERP system with exceptional backup and disaster recovery capabilities.
Choosing a new platform is a big decision and one that shouldn’t be made lightly. We won’t hide the fact that no matter what your priorities are, we believe Acumatica’s Cloud ERP will fulfill them. At the same time, we understand the importance of gathering all the information you can, pitting benefits against each other, and making a deeply informed decision. That’s exactly why we want to make sure you can compare solution objectively with the comparison checklist.
More from my site
- Rental360 Achieves ARA Market Metrics Certification
- Prime FoodService Distribution Software Fact Sheet
- The Cost of Doing Nothing: Why You Can’t Afford to Sit on an ERP Software Decision
- How Processing 4 Types of Payments Is Easy with EZ-Pay for Acumatica
- Why the User Friendliness of Acumatica ERP Matters More Than You Realize
- Cloud ERP–Is Your Aging ERP Keeping Up with Your Constantly Changing Business?