For the sneak peek we received at Acumatica Summit, it’s safe to say that there’s a lot to be excited about in Acumatica 2019 R1. Building off of many of the new enhancements in the previous releases, 2019 R1 has a strong focus on enhancing the ease of use of the cloud ERP solution.
This popular new feature from 2018 has been enhanced for better performance as well as the ability to minimize, maximize, expand, and collapse it.
In order to reduce errors and ensure that you are working within the correct company or branch, you are now able to set website color themes to distinguish between different companies or branches of companies.
Generic Inquiry is a core component of Acumatica, leveraged throughout the global attributes of the system. In order to get the most value from your Acumatica system, you should invest your time in learning Generic Inquiry. Acumatica is also committed to building out this functionality, adding conditional highlighting, changes to pivot tables, sub-totals, and more.
The ease-of-use enhancements throughout Acumatica make it easier for individual users to customize their experience with the solution to make it more efficient and effective, without having to rely on IT support or a developer for assistance with custom coding.
Innovative Use of the Most Current Technology
In addition to feature functions, Acumatica has built into the framework the capabilities to use the system creatively. They showed examples of:
- Leveraging Google Cloud Vision Product Search to use your phone camera to take a picture of a product and automatically find the product, and similar products, in inventory. This can be extremely powerful when looking for parts or components.
- Using a camera drone to fly while scanning the QR codes of shelved warehouse inventory, instantly uploading the physical quantity Acumatica.
- Leveraging a Microsoft HoloLens to take hands-free, voice-activated actions within the system.
In 2019 R1, Acumatica continues down the road to having a more complete multi-company/multi-currency solution.
Filling System Gaps
Gaps that once required us to develop add-on functionality are now being filled by embedded functionality within the framework of the system, especially in the areas of Multi-factor Authentication for Advanced Security and Credit Card Processing.
This feature doesn’t get a lot of notoriety but has the potential to be extremely powerful. Business Events look for triggers or events based on changes in a Generic Inquiry to automatically begin a process (i.e. create a sales order, send a report, send an alert, etc.). This functionality is a giant step forward in terms of zero-touch automation.
There is a great deal to be excited about in Acumatica 2019 R1. See enhancements to specific functional areas here.
More from my site
- Dan’s Perspective: What’s Exciting in Acumatica 2018 R2
- How to Find a “User Friendly” ERP System
- Calculating Commissions Comes Easy with New Acumatica Add-On
- Making Your Financial Audits Easier with Acumatica
- Why Attributes in Acumatica are More Powerful Than Regular User Defined Fields
- Real-Time Benefits of Acumatica for Manufacturers